Learn more about the Hub in our announcement blog post.
Case management systems available in the Hub don’t use the default cases dataset ID (cases) for users, so you might not be able to see and manage cases when testing them. To be able to use any case management workflow installed from the Hub, you will need to create and log in as a user with permission levels to do so, i.e., assigned to a user role that nominates the relevant cases dataset ID as the ID to use for case management.
- You must be an Administrator of your server to manage user roles.
- The case management workflow should be deployed in your Design tab. Learn more about installing Hub items.
Create a customized user role
- On your server console, go to the Configure tab.
- Under User roles and permissions, click Create role.
- Give the new user role a title, ID, and short description.
- Update dataset ID for case management with the cases dataset ID of your case management workflow. Because the Hub de-duplicates dataset IDs, you will need to identify the cases dataset on the Design tab to see the ID:
What is key is the human figure symbol used for cases dataset type (even though cases are not always individual people).
- Scroll to Access to groups (or Access control on single-team servers).
- Select the permission level Can submit responses.
- Click Create role. The user role will be created.
Add a new user
- Scroll down to the Your users section.
- Click Add user.
- Select the User Role created above from the dropdown.
- Enter the email address or username.
- Select Invite users to create their own password or enter the password.
- Click Add user.
- You should now see the message User was added successfully.
Log in as the new user
- Guide to case management part 5: Multiple cases datasets
- How to create a user role
- How to add a new user
- How to collect data using SurveyCTO Collect
Do you have thoughts on this support article? We'd love to hear them! Feel free to fill out this feedback form.