This article is accompanied by sample forms, dataset definitions and sample data saved in this folder. For help on deploying the workflow, skip to 2. Deploying the workflow.
At-risk youth play a key role in the security of any society. The more they are ignored, the more they become a risk to society.
At-risk youth in this study refers to youths who have a substance abuse problem and might need rehabilitation.
In this workflow, SurveyCTO is used to register at-risk youth into an assessment study that will evaluate their perception of rehabilitation and whether they can be rehabilitated through training, tracking, and regular support. Data publishing and pre-loading are key to this workflow as respondents' information will continuously be tracked and referenced at every stage of the workflow. With advanced offline publishing, this workflow can be completely executed offline.
This use case covers the following sections:
- Deploying the workflow
- Understanding the workflow
- Workflow components
- Customization and improvements
In this workflow, you will be able to:
|Register at-risk youths that will be listed for training implementation.|
|Complete a Pre-Training form that will give you baseline data on the current addictive state of the youth.|
|Track training attendance and the usefulness of training.|
|Complete a Post-training form that will measure post-training perception.|
2. Deploying the workflow
You can find the data collection workflow sample files for deployment in this folder, and be sure to download the table-list field plug-in and slider-label field plug-in so you can attach it to their rightful forms. To better understand how all these workflow components relate to each other, take a look at section 4. Workflow components.
For help with deployment, check out our support article Deploying form definitions and server datasets.
3. Understanding the workflow
The workflow is composed of five main parts:
- Register youth into the program using the Registration form.
- Complete the Pre-Training form.
- Complete the training or dialogue with respondents based on their assigned group.
- Record attendance during the training section using the Attendance form.
- Complete the Post-Training form.
To be able to effectively test this workflow you can follow these outlined tasks:
|This workflow relies on server dataset publishing. If you haven’t subscribed to SurveyCTO advanced offline features, before each new submission, you will need to submit all your previous submissions and download the latest version of the form. This will guarantee that you are using the latest version of the server dataset.|
4. Workflow components
In this workflow, there are four forms and one server dataset. Below, you can find a diagram showing the relationship between these components, as well as a non-comprehensive list of all components, the correspondent files and main purposes.
|Workflow Component Files
Click on the section to access the files.
5. Customization and improvements
SurveyCTO has endless possibilities, so this workflow is only the beginning. Feel free to modify and expand this workflow to fit your own needs. Here are some tips on what you could add:
- For the Registration form, you can include your own project locations in the “location” file.
- You can add as many study-related questions as you wish to the Pre-Training form, just be sure you are adjusting the form design according to the groups established: the group “Regular questions” should incorporate general questions related to the study, and the group “Group assignment questions” should incorporate the questions that will support the group assignment on your study.
- Adjust the group assignment criteria by defining your own questions in line with your project. You can do this in the Pre-Training form, under the group “Group assignment questions”. When editing this, pay attention to how the scores are being calculated so that they are in line with your criteria.
- The current workflow only records attendance for the participants assigned to the Training group. In the Attendance form, you can see this in the field “youth_present”. You can remove the
'matches', 'group_assigned', 1part of the appearance field property and allow the attendance to be filled for both Training and Dialogue Groups.
- If you need a truly random process in the Post-Training form for the risk aversion questions, you can use the coin flip field plug-in instead of using a jar to select a smiling face and frowny face which is likely to have human errors and is not truly random.
- You can use SurveyCTO integration with Google Sheets to keep a spreadsheet of the Youth information dataset and keep track of all youth registered in the programme.
Do you have thoughts on this support article? We'd love to hear them! Feel free to fill out this feedback form.