Using SurveyCTO advanced offline features, you can transfer cases offline between devices as part of your case management workflow.
- SurveyCTO server 2.80+
- SurveyCTO Collect 2.80+
- Advanced offline features activated for your subscription
- Devices must support nearby share
For a more comprehensive list of all prerequisites, take a look at the Requirements of offline case transfers here.
Enable offline case transfers
- [Both devices] Click on the three-dot menu in the upper right corner of SurveyCTO Collect main menu.
- [Both devices] Click Admin Settings.
- [Both devices] Enable Offline case transfers.
- Get both devices close to each other (the sender and receiver).
- [Both devices] Open Manage cases menu.
- [Sender devices] Click on the three-dot menu in the upper right corner and then Send Cases to Device.
- [Sender device] Select the case(s) you want to transfer.
- [Sender device] Click Next.
- [Receiver device] Click on the three-dot menu in the upper right corner and then Receive Cases From Device.
- [Sender device] Click on the device ID (username followed by a three-character ID).
- [Receiver device] Click Connect.
- The cases will be transferred and should appear on the receiver device.
Why doesn’t SurveyCTO Collect allow me to enable Offline case transfers from Admin Settings?
First, make sure advanced offline features are activated for your subscription. Advanced offline features are not part of a standard subscription.
If advanced offline features are activated and you can see the setting Offline case transfer, but SurveyCTO Collect doesn’t allow you to enable it, make sure all forms related to your case management workflow are downloaded and installed on your device.
My case(s) were successfully transferred, but they don’t appear in the receiver device. Why?
If case(s) are successfully transferred but are not displayed in the Manage cases view of the receiver device, it might be that the transferred case(s) are not assigned to the enumerator, username or user role logged into the receiver device. Only assigned cases are displayed to the user. You can learn more about case assignment(s) here.
Do my devices support nearby share?
Follow the steps in this tutorial to see whether nearby share is supported and turned on on your devices.
Do you have thoughts on this support article? We'd love to hear them! Feel free to fill out this feedback form.